Sunday

Sweet Taste of Love














 
[Photo Source: Google online images]


(23 OCT 2011 – The Sweetness of Life is watered down by the Tears of a wounded Heart.  dht-2011)


My eyes are cloudy -- 
with the feelings of one -- 
whose Life has passed by -- 
without the Sweet Taste of Love -- 
to ease its Passage.

A long ago Dream, unfulfilled -- 
of children, spouse, family, and friendships --
of gatherings at holidays and family occasions --
of tables laden with food from favored recipes --  
of Love and Laughter, of belonging --   
linger in the shrouded corners of my Heart.

Tears fill my eyes
as I dare to Dream
the incredible – the impossible. 
Yet I'm afraid to release the Dream -- 
for fear its absence would be unbearable.

[Dorothy Hazel Tarr - 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment