Thursday

MEMORIES - 101

                      [PHOTO Credit: A red Camellia -- my photo, my camera Feb 2011]


Precious memories Linger –
ashes the only remains –
that keep me warm –
in the Cold of my Winter years.

Warm memories almost erase –
the middle years when –
the turbulent periods of wedded Life –
shadowed, poisoned, and imprisoned the Spirit.

Well tended and watered with many tears –
memories traverse the pathways of the mind –
sometimes bringing a smile –
but more often sorrow, regret, and despair.

Long since retired from the wedded field –
never more to share a spouse's Life –
Yet held hostage by the memories –
of the other half.

Where are my "wings" that I may soar –
through these stormy gales –
through a realm of shattered dreams –
a waste land of broken promises.

What Lingers now remains –
only an unwilling chattel –
suborned to the will of fate's design –
swept away –  adrift on a tide of memories.

[Dorothy Hazel Tarr - 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment