Monday

Just Memory Scraps


                             [Photo Source: Google online images – see photo for credit]

(I wrote this on 3 Oct 2011,  looking at my Life as a quilt made of scraps of the Fabric of my Life. dht)

                                           ---------------

The Memories of my Heart are like quilting scraps -- stitched together by Time -- the Pieces forming the Patterns of my Life.

This Piece is from the time I lived with my BELOVED Maternal Grandparents -- where their LOVE wove a Pattern that is forever with me.

Another Piece is from the young sailor that I wed -- and began a Journey on rough marriage seas.

Ah! Then there is my child's Pieces -- a mix of patterns melding in betrayal, rejection, lies, abandonment, and disillusion -- beginning from an early age through the senior years.

Now, here is a Piece just completed -- hardened by Life's experiences -- yet still sentimental and capable of Great Compassion and Sensitivity.

Some pieces hold secrets and surprises - all in a delicate design of whimsy.

The Artistic Eye will notice the eclectic theme in the quilt of my Life's memories.

Yet beneath the layers of quilting, a Life filled with dreams, memories, and recollections subsists.

My eyes close tightly as I try to stop the tears.  My throat is tight with despair and regret and sorrow, for the Missing Pieces that will Never be a part of the whole.

The emptiness from their absence leaves an incompleteness, a void, that can Never be bridged by any expanse of Time.

[Dorothy Hazel Tarr - 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment