Saturday

THE WHEEL OF LIFE -- of TIME

                              [Photo Source : Google online images]


(5 NOV 2011 --  I've been betrayed so many Times in my Life – now it seems the "norm" for any relationship I'm in.  So, I withdraw from any contact  --  to avoid any further suffering, falsehood, and betrayal. Even while the Wheels of Time turn, I exist in the shallows and shadows behind protective masks. Even the Mirror does NOT see the depth in me.    dht)



The Wheel of Life turns –
as I hover in the shadows –
ever wading through the shoals of Time.

Another turn of the Wheel –
an essence changed –
as Time and Age blends the patterns.

How shallow the sigh –
How deep the wounds –
How superficial the mind –
How deep the emotion.

The blush of the bloom – faded –
The vessel of the bouquet – weighted –
The trivial confounds the profound –
The thoughtful masks the perception.

Another Turn of the Wheel –
Another Step on the path –
Another Year on the rung –
Another Tear on the lash.

[Dorothy Hazel Tarr – 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment