Saturday

A QUIET JOY – A TIME FORGOTTEN


(Photo Source: Google online images]


(5 NOV 2011 – There is in Nature a healing balm – available to all freely and in abundance.  When the tide of melancholia threatens to drown me, I go outside and tend to my garden, walk under the stars, or watch the clouds roll by.  It is only outside that, a certain welcome calm flows over me in a veil that shields me from transient thoughts of gloom.  dht)

As I let my head lay against a woodsy Oak –
my eyes scanned the azure Sky –
and I watched the clouds move across
a bright blue Sky.

For a moment, I forgot,
at least for the time being,
what it meant to be unhappy,
or lonesome, or depressed.

A Quiet Joy –
filled my senses –
A Joy that outlasts –
Transient sorrows.

[Dorothy Hazel Tarr – 2011]


No comments:

Post a Comment