Thursday

AT HOME – IN THE PAGES

                  















[Photo Source:  GOOGLE online images]



(3 NOV 2011 --How many times I've spent in the company of good companions and involved in some great storytelling -- all at my fingertips.  Now, I'm aware that there are electronic sources of stories in DVDs, video, movies, audio, and kindle type media.  Nevertheless, for myself, I prefer the printed words on the paper pages of a book or magazine or newsprint.  There I can so easily lose myself in that 'other world' -- whether in the waiting room at the dentist or standing in line at the DMV.  WHAT 'books' have you read lately that transported you for a time to another place – another space?  dht-2011)

I'm a happy adventurer
and Love to disappear into the nether land
of a well written story in a book –
a book with paper pages that I can turn
and enter with Welcome  -- 
as an honored visitor to a World Outside my own –
that springs to Life in the printed page –
with characters, plots, intrigue, pathos,
joy, laughter, heartache, heartwarming, and heartfelt cheer.

I'm home – in the Pages of a Book!

[Dorothy Hazel Tarr-2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment