Saturday

The Music Stops – The Empty Chair

                          [Photo Source: Google online images – Musical Chairs]


(5 Nov 2011 -   The place where I once felt a sense of family and belonging, has sat empty for decades.  Time moved on for the others playing the Musical Game, while I waited and wasted my Life hoping and hurting for my "Turn".  dht)



The Empty Chair --
changes through the years –
through births and deaths –
to be filled with a different set
of family members.

The Waste –
Decades come and gone –
Thanksgivings, Christmases, Birthdays, Anniversaries –
when the chairs
of family members
gathered together sat empty.

All the years when there –
could have been –
should have been –
a Family.

The Music Stops
and the chair occupants change
in a kaleidoscope
of ever changing sequence
of musical chairs –
while My chair sits empty.
 
[Dorothy Hazel Tarr - 2011] 

No comments:

Post a Comment