Wednesday

WHERE ONLY SHADOWS DANCE

                                                        [PHOTO SOURCE: GOOGLE online images]

(I wrote this, 13 Jul 2011, in a gray frame of mind, all too frequently occurring.  The "good times" in my life so far removed and their memory fading, seemed to go by too quickly.  Only now as I re-play those favorites, do I feel I was not prepared to savor the precious few bright and clear moments.  With misty eyes and wet checks, I try to recall happier times, despairing at the barriers that the 'bad times" cloud with melancholy. dht-2011)

The days at times are shrouded
in unremitting shades of gray.
Dark shadows obscure
the corners of my life.

MELANCHOLY is as a shroud
that allows only gray scales of color –
NEVER the rainbow rues
of LOVE, JOY, HOPE, BELONGING...

The edges of memories blur –
their shape and texture mute –
with a blink of the mind's eye –
they recede.

How strange it seems they happened
Just As Quick in their Time.
Now replaying those moments over-and-over,
thoughts drift through Barriers
NOT even Time's Gate Keeper can Deny.

The vast darkness so dense at times,
the light cannot invade the Expanse
WHERE ONLY SHADOWS DANCE!

[Dorothy Hazel Tarr - 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment