Wednesday

DANCING DANDELIONS


[Photo Source: My photo, my camera, my neighborhood.]


(On 6 July 2011, I took a walk down a dirt path in the wild life preserve in my neighborhood.  There was a soft breeze and as I walked along.  I watched in fascination as the dandelion flowers waved with the breeze.  I picked a flower that had turned into a white feathery sphere, and held it to my breath and to make a WISH!  Nature is full of moments of delight and inspiration! dht)

(DANDELIONS: Old French word meaning "Lion's Tooth" for the shape of the leaf)

**********

Yellow Dandelions border the trail, their blossoms dancing merrily to a tune only Nature plays.  Suddenly Day's Passage changes the blooms to white seeded spheres.  Be QUICK to make a WISH and use your BREATH as the feathery seeds fill the air.  Watch in wonder as the seeds take flight and drift far and wide on a summer breeze.
[Dorothy Hazel Tarr - 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment