Sunday

LOVE'S OWN DREAM

            [Photo Source:  GOOGLE online images]


(5 Feb 2012  --  There is a song in my head and a melody in my heart – the verse forgotten by my Lover and unsung.  Wherever I wander, whenever I lay in slumber, the memories follow as familiar companions.  As the old patterns in my life are retraced, I relive anew those precious times with my LOVE.  They are all that I hold dear and are more precious and treasured than ever.  The past is gone, and while the loss has been devastating, there is nothing that can be done to really regain what is lost.  While I do not want to let go of my treasured memories, choosing to live in my past will never completely assuage my loss, nor completely erase the pain I feel now and the void in my life.  Day – by – day, I walk through my life retracing the worn, rocky, and difficult pathways of my memories, reliving times long gone, but made afresh from daily visits.  Ever faithful to my memories, I tend them with special care deserved of heartfelt treasures dreams in hues of LOVE.  dht)



The sweet words of LOVE –
but a melody in my memory.

LOVE stayed but for a while –
then took flight on the wings of Time.

The bonds that would stay LOVE –  
faltered and frayed.

LOVE's voice is silent –
the story untold.

Whispered words of LOVE only a memory –
on a sea of tears.

The current of my tears –
drown my heart in the swollen waters of grief.

My salty lips have lost their smile --
my achy heart has lost its joy.

Dreams of LOVE stalk my nights –
then follow a carved path through my days.

A bond set by a prayer –
later severed by a gavel.

There is no LOVE in your eyes –
no comfort in your arms.

Through the passage of the years –
LOVE's dream follows in lonely corridors.

The tears taste bittersweet –
in my wanderer's loveless sojourn.

As I lay, I wonder --
while I watch the magic of LOVE's dream play out – again.

Time's forgetfulness awaits the dreamer –
where my lover's face shines with tenderness and comfort.

My walk is solo at the end –
without LOVE's candle, warmth, or flame.

The day grows cold and I grow old –
with only dream shadows to follow.

LOVE's remembered moments –
will not be swept away by Nature's taps.

A single note of LOVE's melody –
plays on in my Heart's embrace.

It is so much easier to LOVE the melody –
than to LOVE the withered leafless vine.

Your melody played on after I was gone –
but to another's tune.

To my heart you are no stranger –
to my LOVE you are no captive.

LOVE words spoken at an alter –
now lost on a sea of tears.

Names written on a vowel –
erased by legalese.

The melody from our LOVE song –
a forgotten verse unsung.

My final rest will not be alongside you –
your name not chiseled on my headstone.

LOVE's tendrils shroud my heart –
LOVE's ashes my monument.

LOVE's absence leaves my life raw and unfinished –
albeit the end is nearer.

All my windows and doors are open –
all my LOVE a memory.

JUST LOVE'S OWN DREAM.

[Dorothy Hazel Tarr]

No comments:

Post a Comment