Friday

On the BOOKSHELF – the pages of your life

[PHOTO SOURCE: Google online images]

ON the BOOKSHELF of the TREE of LIFE lay a book bound in sturdy, high quality leather.  I carefully opened it to the title page.  The author was "Waiten Fortue Marrowe" and had been printed in the year of my birth.  A coincidence, I decided, for there certainly was no guidebook in existence to tell me how to live my life.  No step-by-step instruction manual on how to be happy.  No directions to follow along the dark and confusing passages of my life.  No words of wisdom from bygone generations that would hold me high on their shoulders, protected from life's murky waters where hopes and dreams shatter.  No pillars to lean on.  No gentle hands to catch and lift me when I stumble.  No printed lyrics when I forget the song of my soul.  No shade for a wounded heart or sunshine for a gray mood.  OH, but such a book of life could release the chains that bind me, so I could freely search for someplace better, where there are dear ones whose hearts still shine, where together we would find peace and LOVE and end this long abstinence.  CAN'T keep living like this, day after day.  Have to make a change.  Play a new song.  Dance to a new tune.  WELL, after all, maybe there is an ANGEL on my shoulder with a book in her hand – while FATHER time inevitably turns the pages of destiny toward me for all the things that are to come.  Yesterday brought the beginning of my life, tomorrow brings the last chapter, but somewhere in the middle, a page or two from the Book On The Shelf would be so welcome in bridging the gap.
[Dorothy Hazel Tarr - 2011]


COMMENT: "So true ... 'Waiten Fortue Marrowe'.  I'll do it tomorrow; make that apology, exercise more, be kinder, not lose my temper.  We live in "today's" pages and best treat others as if it's the last time we'll see them.  Nothing else matters except other beings, in the final analysis."   (Cheryl V. - 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment