Monday

Brandy Rose -- SPRING TIME in my Garden

[Photo Source: My camera, my photo, my yard, Mother Nature's Gift of a beautiful Brandy Rose – one of my favorite roses]

(Monday, February 21, 2011 -- One of the sure cures for melancholy is immersing oneself in the vast landscape of Nature – be it Nature's creatures or Mother Nature's beauty and bounty.  For me, working in my garden is an honor – I am the steward of the small portion of land where upon I live.  I wrote this after seeing SPRING begin in my backyard through my living room window.  I hope you who read it will be able to feel this wonderful moment as I use my words to share my feelings and thoughts.  dht)


I hear the remembered sounds of a spring dawn in my garden.

Bird song tempts me closer to my window -- camera at the ready.

I thrust back the draperies to reveal the restoration of my garden in full progress.

Spring has arrived!

Flower blossoms greet the welcome blessings of sunlight.

Butterflies flirt on petals.

Bees conduct honeyed business.

Hummingbirds anoint and twitter

Robins forage and primp

A WALTZ is played -- the tune, the lyrics, and the rites of SPRING!

[Dorothy Hazel Tarr]

No comments:

Post a Comment